When the going gets tough, the tough get a librarian.
Jenna Boller in Best Foot Forward.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Hello

Hi, I am Jennifer Dalton.


I am excited about being in Coffeyville. My dad, Claude Kimbrel, was born and raised on a farm near Dearing. I fondly remember coming to Coffeyville every summer as a girl to visit my grandparents and cousins.

I became interested in library work as a volunteer in my daughters' school library. I worked as an associate in the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library for 5 years. In 1998 I earned my Masters of Library Science degree from Emporia State University. For the past 10 years I have worked in Topeka as a librarian.

I have been a member of the Kansas Library Association's Council, the William Allen White Children Book Award Section Committee and Executive Committee.

My husband is Bob Dalton, and yes he is distantly related to the Dalton gang. He says these family ties give him a very great knowledge and interest in western history, but not any desire to rob a bank.

I have been made very welcome by the staff at the library and the people in town. I am looking forward to working at the Coffeyville Public Library.









1 comment:

  1. Jennifer,
    Welcome to Coffeyville and Congrats on your new position. This is Helen Rigdon. I hope you could figure out all the stuff I left. *LOL* You have a great staff and board and I know you will do well. If you ever have any questions, please don't hestitate to contact me. The staff has all my info! And once again Congrats!

    ReplyDelete